Thursday, December 8, 2011

Psalm 38

1 LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger 
   or discipline me in your wrath.



David did not want to be disciplined in anger and wrath.  I would dare say that no one reading this would want that as well.


Your child would say it also if they knew how to.
I pray that you do not have a problem in this area.


But there are times, days, seasons that are hard.  We are short tempered, stressed and with this added knowledge of our weaknesses we all the more tend to lose it.


Friend, give yourself a time out.  Back off and get away from the children. Call someone, get help.  Its ok to reach out.  It is better than the alternative.  Children CAN drive you nuts!


But we must remember they are children.  They are needing training and discipline. They too can become scarred and wounded.

Call me if you need to talk or get help on some new strategies.   
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment